Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines day

Hi all,
it has been a while since I actually posted with a picture so I wanted to do that.  Not bad considering a holiday season of night shades and alcohol.  I actually gained 10 lbs but I have started my diet and exercising again to get into shape.

If you look closely my left foot looks as good as it ever has but there is a slight discoloration on my right.  This is strange because my right foot was always the best one.  But I know this is because I did a 10+ mile rollerblade with my kids right before Christmas and my socks were awful.  Its bruised but it will heal.  It is not itchy at all.

I have started going to the gym 2-3 times a week and do about 2-3 miles on the elliptical machine.  I make sure I remove my sweaty socks as soon as possible because I think that causes too much "stress" on my delicate skin.

People keep asking me what is the one thing that helped me. There is no answer other than clean living.  Educate yourself on what a good diet really means in terms of alkaline, sugar, gluten, night shades and all of the other things that are mentioned in the Pagano book.  Steer clear of processed foods because there are so many additives in there that you don't know what you are eating. Go organic to avoid pesticides.  This is the only thing I can think of that caused the heavy metals in my toxicity report.  Make sure your digestive track is doing what it is supposed to do daily, (if you know what I mean). Finally, believe.  Please tell me your stories.  I will keep blogging if it helps people.
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hello Michele,

    I just wanted to thank you for your blog. I am just starting out on the Pagano journey and it really inspired me to see how you stuck with it even when you were seeing little improvement at first. And look at the pay off! Thank you for letting people see how the journey went for you! I am so excited now to begin my own wellness revamp and you've inspired me to write a blog about it as well so that I might help other people handle the ups and downs of changing their diet to heal psoriasis.

    Thanks again!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Let me know where your blog is and I will follow. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Michele.
    I came across your blog today and it had been so inspiring. I have the same psoriasis as you but it is much worse. I always had dry skin, but after my son was born (18 years ago!) my body changed. I started to get spots on my feet and soon after on my hands. I tried every lotion known to man. Pure coco butter worked best at first. My doctor put me on steroids and I was thrilled with the results until I was weened off and the flares became much more intense. Long story short… I am taking things into my own hands and changing things from the inside out with diet. My approach to start is to eat clean. I'm staying away from gluten, processed foods, fried foods and things with ingredients I can't pronounce! I've armed myself with a vitamix and I am doing green smoothies with lots of greens, fruits, ginger, chia seeds, & tumeric for inflamation. I've only been doing this full force since Monday. I havent' seen a difference yet in my skin, but I've lost 6 lbs and my joints aren't as achy! I love that you are photographing your progress and I'm going to start doing that today. I've been thinking about ordering Dr. Pagnano's book and incorporating his diet into mine (I just don't know if I can give up tomatoes and onions!). Thanks for letting me ramble. I'm looking forward to following your journey. Your skin looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I am glad my blog has inspired you. It sounds like you at on the right path. Tomatoes are hard to give up for me too, but once you heal you will be able to indulge every now and then. Keep me posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete