Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!!!

First off, happy mothers day!

I need to continue this blog as often as I can because it does keep me mentally positive.  I must admit that I have been having a pity party lately.
My left foot that got so raw from a long walk last week is still in a lot of pain.  It is mother's day and I am moping.  (I guess that is better than mopping) ;)

I need to snap out of it and review my plan and to update you guys with some information.
First off, I want to thank Olive, Lyndal, Nim75, Jitterbug and Jennifer for writing me on inspire or inboxing me because just when I was feeling hopeless, I looked at your messages and felt renewed.  Thank you!

I have to remind myself of my wins.
When I first started I had some small patches that have disappeared, my joint pain is virtually gone.  I have also lost about 10-12 lbs.  I say 10-12lbs because I always considered myself 144 lbs, but truth be told that scale was creeping up to 148.  There I said it.  But now I am 134!  That is 4 lbs below my goal weight.

I got my blood work done a couple of weeks ago.  I think I already mentioned on this blog that everything was good except for my vitamin D was low.  Well yesterday I studied all of the results and it looks everything is Optimal except for vitamin D.  So I am a pretty healthy person.

Now that I am finished typing up my wins my losses don't seem that big of a deal. The only problems that remain are on my feet and my left hand.  These spots are stubborn because I am active and I keep abusing them with cooking, cleaning, walking, etc.  I need to take it easy and that is what this weekend was about.
And of course sitting on the couch taking it easy becomes moping.  I need to let that go.

Now I have a news break through.  A couple of months back I did test positive for nickel allergy.  Not a big deal I don't wear much jewelrey and never had a problem with belt buckels, but I started looking into it more and the All-Clad cookware set my mom gave me is 18-10 stainless steel - which means 10% nickel.  Then I looked up nickel free diets and it turns out a lot of the food I have been eating on this Pagano diet is considered high in nickel content! Here is a quote from the livestong site for a nickel free diet:

Foods to Avoid

Meat and other animal foods are generally low in nickel, except for some types of seafood, according to the Melisa Foundation. Foods that tend to be high in nickel include beans, peas, cocoa, chocolate, oysters and mussels. If you are highly sensitive to nickel, you also might need to avoid eating herring, dried fruits, pears, rhubarb, asparagus, cabbage, corn, mushrooms, potatoes, tomatoes, peanuts and tree nuts, grains and foods containing baking powder. Tea also can be high in nickel.


I have added a lot of lentils and sweet peas in my diet over the last few weeks.  My only treat has been 70% organic chocolate. I have been eating portobello mushrooms 3x a week because it is like meat. I have been eating nuts for snacks at work.  I have a fruit smooth with pineapple and pears almost every morning.  I mean.... maybe this is why I am not seeing more progress on my feet?
I am not going to upload pictures today because I am too lazy to look for a cable to down load them. ;)
But I took pictures and honestly, nothing looks much different so you're not missing much.

I am going to spend the rest of my day reading a good book and visualizing good health.

PS!!!!

I almost forgot. Yesterday I fell off the wagon a bit (remember I was having a pity party).  I ordered Chinese food and ate somethings that weren't allowed:
Potstickers: gluten and Pork
Tangerine beef: beef
Chicken and Broccoli: technically this is allowed but I was trying not to eat meat at all
Shrimp: a big no no in pagano book

I didn't wake up any worse so maybe I can go back to these foods some day.
One can dream, can't one?

No comments:

Post a Comment