Friday, May 3, 2013

Mental Toughness is So Important

In Dr Pagano's book he talks a lot about having a good attitude.  I think he says something like, "if you think you can't get better, then you're right.  If you think you can get better, you will also be right."  When I read this chapter I skimmed it because I was more interested in knowing what I had to do physically, in terms of diet, colonics, etc.  But now that I have the diet part down, I can see the importance of the mental toughness that he talks about.

On inspire when someone validates that diet is a cure for psoriasis I immediately feel hopeful and lighter in my heart.  Then inevitably someone responds - "diet is not a cure, I tried it and I am covered from head to toe..."  When I read that my heart sinks. What if after all of this hard work I still have psoriasis?

A couple of days ago I read a man's note about him ‘giving up’. He sounded suicidal! He said he has tried everything, including diet.  In fact he described himself as a vegan fitness nut.  I had a moment of weakness and thought - oh no, if he has been a vegan for 21 years, how the hell do I have a chance?

Then I asked him if he avoids night shades.  He responded, "only recently", and he also gave up coffee, smoking, and alcohol because he wanted to know if these were triggers.  Now I don't know what “recently” means; 2 weeks? 2 years? Nor do I know how much coffee, tobacco or alcohol he used to take, but it was clear to me that he really wasn't following the Dr Pagno diet which gave me hope again.

By the way "Ignite", if you are reading this, I hope you are not offended.  I am not trying to put you down, I am simply trying to illustrate how my faith in my own healing is so fragile that written words of success or failure have a huge impact on my mental state.

Back to Pagano's book:  I cannot afford to be in a fragile state.  I know that I am healing.  I have started making travel plans for June because I honestly feel like my feet will feel good enough by then to do lots of walking.  Tonight I am going to an office party and I am going to wear the hot 5 inch heel shoes I got in Las Vegas.  I won't do any dancing, but I know my feet feel good enough to strut into the place with my head held high, with a smile on my face.  My left hand that has been burning all week, shows some real signs of calming down today.  The skin is cool and it isn't "oozing" - yuck.  My right hand that was close to flaring a couple of weeks ago is completely clear! My Right foot feels great and looks better each day.  My left foot feels better today than it did yesterday, and yesterday it felt better than Wednesday. Wednesday I was limping around the office.

Thank you to the people at inspire that assure my faith with their own successes. 
And a special thank you to the people who test my faith; for these tests only make me tougher.

I often ask for comments here because those words help me.

I wish everyone luck in there healing.
Now for the pics....
My Left foot before Pagano.. not so bad....

Same foot 3 weeks after Pagano
5 weeks later - I know it is hard to see but the lower arch is a lot clearer.



Like I said before - my Left foot is my biggest problem.  The right foot and the hand look like this today...

No comments:

Post a Comment