Friday, April 12, 2013

Are you sick of getting advice from everyone?

My neighbor stopped by the other day when I had my feet propped up on a pillow dripping with Glycerin oil.

"Ah, you know I had the same thing, I just put a little lotion and it went away".
Oh why didn't I think of that?

My neighbor is easy to dismiss, but what happens when your doctor dismisses your get well plan of detoxing and following a diet.  Seriously, they can be down right insulting. They say things like, "well you can try it if it makes you feel better, but their is no proven link between diet and psoriasis."

At this point you have to tap into your own common sense. If you have rashes all over your body it must be coming from within, right? I trust in myself, in the other good folks on Inspire that all agree that their Psoriasis cleared up a lot after they cleaned up their diet.  But it took time and patience.



I do have a "new" symptom that I have had from time from time.  The reason I am mentioning it here is because I saw a few people mention it on line.  The corners of my mouth get sore. It has never been a big deal and it usually goes away in a few days, but I wonder if this is another form of the flare up.

My diet goal these days are morphing and my goal now is to be raw until dinner.
Today I had my Slippery Elm tea - black coffee as usual.
I  had a fruit smothie (mango season is here!) mango, pineapple, banana, apples and coco milk with my Lecithin.
I had a few apples during the day then some almonds.
For dinner I plan on making a veggie soup and I will have that with a sweet potato.

I have been using Glycerin religiously. I think it has prevented my skin from cracking but so far no clearing.

Now I have to call my Doctor because she refusing to run a leaky guy syndrome test on me. She left a message that said ,"I see no evidence that we need to run this test."  I think the Drs hands are tied because they can only order tests that the insurance ok, and the insurance and the pharms are in bed together so... it is no problem to order cortisone shots, or steroids, but ordering a test is not allowed.

So even though I have "great insurance" if I am interested in healing holistically, I am on my own.  That can be a scary thought, but I feel like I have the good people at inspire backing me up on this.
Thank you again!



2 comments:

  1. I am near the end of week two on the pagano diet and I noticed this morning dryness on the left corner of my mouth. It looks like psoriasis or a small fungal infection. I work in the dental field and I see this with patients who have constant moisture in the corners of their mouth. Strange side effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you order for these tests, do you just straight out tell your doctor that you wanna be tested? Was it the holistic doctor who didn't wanna do the leaky gut test?

    ReplyDelete