Friday, April 26, 2013

It is official, I have arthritis.

Today I went to the chiropractor to get my 7-8 vertebrae adjusted per Dr Pagano's suggestion.  My back had been bothering for a few weeks so I figured, why not.  In case you haven't read my earlier blogs, I have had hip pain and thumb pain before I started the diet, but that pain all went away.  My doctors thought the hip pain was bursitis or arthritis, but told me to get an x-ray to confirm.

I never got the x-ray because I didn't want to hear that I had arthritis. When the chiropractor suggested I get an x-ray today I resisted a bit but was talked in to it.  Lo and behold, he saw some bone spurs which is arthritis.  I do not think this is causing me the back pain.  My back and hips were all misaligned.  After he adjusted me I physically felt great but was still sad that I have been officially diagnosed with arthritis.

The good news is the Pagano diet also alleviates arthritis, but now I am more dedicated to the diet and I will continue to cut out all animal fat. The only thing I am allowing myself is the occasional yogurt.

The pics of my hand and feet don't look too different from yesterday - see for yourself. :) :(



No comments:

Post a Comment