Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Watch Pot Never Boils

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday so this will make up for the last 2 days.  Warning, the pics do not show much prgoress yet. But I am still going to plug away.  I reread a chapter in the Dr Pagano book on feet and hands.  He dedicates a special chapter to these areas because they are harder to cure because they get abused the most.  He lays out some topical treatments thank I haven't tried yet. I will try to start that today.

My joints still feel good. My feet do feel fine.  I am able to walk without pain - I think the glycerin has really helped the skin to stay soft. And they don't itch.. that much.  I have noticed between 2-3 AM my hand and feet itch a little.  Enough to wake me up but I am a light sleeper. Why do they itch at this time?

Theory #1: This time is roughly 7-8 hours after my last meal.  My dinner should be in my large intestine at this time - maybe that is where the leak is?

Theory #2: My body temperture goes up a little from being under the covers. When I take my feet and hand out of the covers the itching is immediatly alleviated.

I state these things in case any one is experiencing similar symptoms.

I also must confess to some small diet cheats:
1. Friday night I had a little sugar in a lime-ade smoothie that I made.  I made it for a friend who came over, and I didn't want to be anti-social.
2. Saturday - Monday I did have some dark (70%) chocolate for dessert. 
3. I ate about 25 almonds Monday - then I read on inspire that almonds are bad for psoratics.  According to Dr Pagano almonds are ok - but not 25 in one sitting.  He suggests 4.  That seems very hard to do.

I also read on Inspire that I need to stop fretting every food choice I make - as that will cause stress and possibly make things worse.  Even as I look at my list of "cheats" they do not look that bad.

Here are the photos for Monday:



And the photos for Tuesday:



No comments:

Post a Comment