Sunday, April 7, 2013

Still eating nightshades to make hubby happy (Mar 22)

Right now my rashes look calm. I feel awsome that I made it through a week as a vegetarian. Every morning I rip off my socks to see the progress. None really, but at least nothing new.
Today I decide to stop with the meds.  I am really buying into this holistic health kick that I think I can do without it.  From now on it will be lotion.

My diet looks the same as the day before. I still get my coffee fix, and I need to finish up that pot of curry veggies that have the white potatos.
But I still get my water down.  I do not have any fresh raw veggies, but I do order a cooked veggie platter at work.

As an extra personal victory I attended a "Jewelry Party" in my neighborhood. You know the type where a lady has her friends over, serves some wine and cheese and we get sold to by some gaudy sales lady. 

I showed up late because I was returning from basketball practice with my son.  By the time I got there the party was in fool swing with everyone at least 2-3 glasses of wine in. Great - I am not drinking.  I had to explain to the hostess that I was on a special diet to take care of psoriasis on my feet.  She insisted I take my shoes off to show her how bad it was in the middle of the party.  Then she looked at it and said, "oh that's not that bad, I have that all over my arms and hands.  It will go away this summer."
Then she showed me her arms and skin and honestly it looked a lot worse than mine.
Remember Rule #4? Don't let things get so bad that they are hard to fix.  listen to your body.

I left after only an hour.  I had some sparkling water - bad I found out later that is very acidic. I had none of her cheese, chocolates, knishes, strawberries, etc.  I had to turn and burn when I saw a bottle of 2005 Silver Oak Cab getting ready to be corked.  I am only flesh and blood, I don't know if I could have resisted that!

No comments:

Post a Comment