Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week 3 is Over. No joint pain but skin worse.

If you have been keeping up with my progress you can see that my skin is redder than it was than before I started.  Yet I remain hopeful that I am on the same track.
I keep looking at the discussions on Inspire and I notice a theme of people that are scared to take certain medications, or they can no longer take them because they are causing other issues.  One thing is for sure - I am not nervous at all about going down this road.  I know that, if nothing else, this diet has to be good for my body. That piece of mind helps me continue to be positive.

Yesterday I treated myself to a massage and a spinal adjustment (per the book's recommendation) and I took a dead sea salt bath for about 30 mins.
Today my skin still is red but I walked more than I have in the past 2 weeks.

Last night I also started this book called The Raw Food Detox and was blown away by the information in there. If what I am reading is true, no wonder my digestive system is messed up.

I don't want to overwhelm you but here are my top 2 take aways that I am going to start doing from now on. 
  • Fruit and/or fruit smoothies ONLY for breakfast.  No mixing it with oatmeal.
  • No Fruit after that.
This morning I had:
  • half a cup of black coffee (honestly I am ready to cut this completely, but my hubby makes if for me every morning and I don't want to turn it down.)
  • Slippery Elm Bark drink - yuck!
  • Fruit Smoothie - 1 pair, 2 apples, 1 banana, and some pinapple + Lecithin.
I know Dr Pagano says not to mix apples - but I didn't read any of that in the Detox book so I am going to let that go a bit.  It seems to hocus pocus for me.

For lunch I had salad from my jobs salad bar with olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing.
For dinner tonight I will have a sweet potato and perhaps some carrot soup that I can make in my Vitamix.  (I will put some some more Lecithin in it)

Of course tonight I plan on having my saffron tea.


I am seriously considering investing in a juicer too.

Please leave me comments to egg me on...

now the pics!


 Here are the pics in case you are curious....


 


2 comments:

  1. Hi, just popped over from Inspire. Get a juicer! Seriously, they are soooo good.... I got a Philips HR1861. It is a good introductory juicer and reasonably cheap. But it's not very good at juicing soft fruit and leafy veg. The harder the fruit and veg the better it juices.

    If you can afford it go for a 'masticating' juicer such as the Matstone 6 in 1, Omega Verts or Huroms.

    I have PA and a heart condition that stops me taking meds. So diet is the only option left for me and I'm 6 weeks into a Pagano type diet and using glycerin and the improvements have been really good so far.

    Good luck with your journey. Phil

    ReplyDelete